Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bali - Conrad Resort and Spa Hotel


I was in Bali a few weeks back for a quick weekend away. It was my first trip to Bali, so I wanted to stay somewhere nice. I chose the Conrad hotel. It was super nice! It has a massive lagoon style pool, as well as a regular rectangular pool. Unlike some hotels, the pool was open 24 hours a day. Just the thing for an evening dip!


The hotel is in Nusa Dua, which is the nice bit of Bali. The yucky bit to avoid is Kuta. It's full of drunken Australian bevans and bright pink European tourists. It's nice to visit Kuta for a look see, but it's so much nicer not to be staying there.

Being completely lazy, I ordered room service a few times when I was there. It was yum. Very tasty. My room had a balcony, so it was fun sitting out there for the meal.

The whole resort is built in a traditional Balinese style. It's very well done and the resort feels very relaxed. There are hawkers wandering the beach offering you water sports etc., but they're not persistent, so you didn't feel hassled.

The hotel is right on the beach, so if you get bored of the pool, you can go swimming in the sea. Not that you'd want to though. The beach is well maintained and clean, but the sea was a bit on the murky side.

Overall, it was a great place to stay. The staff were really helpful and the surroundings were great.

No comments: