Wednesday, May 16, 2007

#51 - The Philippines


The Philippines is the 51st country I've visited. I must admit, my preconceptions about the country were pretty wrong. I was pleasantly surprised to find such a pleasant country. I was expecting it to be very similar to Indonesia or Malaysia, but it's no much more modern!


On the other hand, I've only visited a part of the country which is basically a tourist resort. I think I would have a much different view of the country if I had visited just Manila.

As it was, the sun was shining, the people were friendly and the landscape was beautiful. What more can you ask for from a holiday destination!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Maybe you should pop into Newcastle while you are back in Oz, how about start a list of Australian towns? :) There's always a spare room if you are inclined.

Anonymous said...

Reading ur blog is more interesting than a travel book. Looking forward to see more of Australia soon.

How you know i am Gabby :-)

Anonymous said...

Where's NosyWombat? Sizzling on an Oz beach far from a keyboard? Hurry back! Really enjoying this amazing trip of yours!