Sunday, April 1, 2007

#10 Italy

Italy is another one of my favourite countries. It has all the history you could want - from the Romans to the Christians to the modernists, Italy has it all covered. Then there's the mind blowing food, the wine, the lovely weather and gorgeous people. What a place!

Italy's also a big place, with huge differences between the regions. From the north, around Milan to the southern parts, there is a huge difference in climate, food and culture. It's a fascinating place.

My first visit was on the bus tour. We did the express version. 2 nights in Florence, 2 nights in Rome, 2 nights in Venice, then off. All that did was stoke my interest. Since then, I've been back for separate trips to Rome, Venice, Milan (twice), Bologna, Rimini. It's just amazing and I can't get enough!

No comments: